Welcome to God’s Woven Truth. WOW!! What a time we are living in! We are currently living out history. History stories of the COVID-19 or what we call the Corona Virus will be written in history books for our grandchildren to read and taught for generations to come. In a way that can be exciting but it can also strike fear in some of us. I have seen and have read many posts and Blog posts about conquering fear in this unique time we are living in. As I was praying and seeking the direction of what I should bring into the homes of those who need some encouragement, The Lord gave me Ephesians 5:15-21
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; 21and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.
What are we to do with the interrupted time God has gifted us with?
Yes, you read that right. This unique time is a gift from God. You may ask, “why?” There are people all over the world dying from this sickness. You are absolutely right they are. As sad and frightening as it may be God has given us great comfort and direction in what we are to do in a time like this.
- We are to walk in wisdom V.15. God has given us leaders to set up guidelines on how we should go about our everyday life. By washing our hands, not coming into contact with others, doing life at home rather than everywhere and keeping our kids at home. This may sound foolish now, but it is wisdom. Pray!! Wisdom comes from God alone. Seek Him and ask Him to show you which way you should go and what you should do.
- We are to make the MOST of the opportunity and our time that has been given to us V.16. God has given us this time. COVID-19 did not catch our God off guard. In fact, in Job, we see satan roaming and walking about the earth not allowed to touch anyone unless it had been first requested of The Father. God has allowed us to have this time. For some of us it looks a bit different, some in hospitals, some doing church at home, some having to homeschool their kids, some having to entertain their kids as they self-quarantine. Whatever your situation may be MAKE THE MOST of THE TIME God has GIFTED you. You and your family will be talking about this for years to come. Make it a time of LOVE, LAUGHTER, PRAYER, and SONG. When kids look back they can remember how mom made it fun. Rather than a time of stress and mess.
- Be understanding V.17. This is God writing His story, putting those two words together is HISTORY!! God is writing out His STORY, we are just lucky to be apart of it. That is praiseworthy in it of itself. Understand this is what the will of the Lord is. Again it has been filtered through His hands. He holds the whole world in His hands!!
- Be filled with The Spirit V.18. We can use the EXTRA time we have been given to set at the feet of Jesus a little longer to bow our knees in prayer without the rush of everyday life. We have been gifted with a time to learn to be still, to be still and KNOW the HE is GOD!
- Lift up our voices in worship V.19. With our hearts to The Lord, we can sing at the top of our lungs as we lift our hands to heaven reaching out to Jesus, outstretching our arms to touch the hem of His garment for the healing of those who are sick. We can fall to our knees, pouring out our alabaster onto His feet, beholding His beauty and wonder, meditating as we look into His face searching His every crevasse and detail. Just to be with Him. Falling deeper in LOVE with Him.
- Be Encouraging V.19. We can encourage those who are struggling. Uplifting their arms when they become weak or riddled with fear. Speak to them with Psalms and Hymns remind them of God’s promises.
- Be Thankful V.20. We may never again get to experience the world at a standstill. Thank God for the opportunity and for the time that has been interrupted. Thank Him for your family, for the food he has supplied you with. There are so many things we as Americans have to be thankful for. Teach your kids thankfulness, not fearfulness. Teach them to rely on who Jesus in the midst of the unknown. Be thankful for the EXTRA time you get with your loved ones.
I once read “Stop living as though this life is all that matters.”We forget that we are just passing through this life, we can easily get overwhelmed by a world in crisis. We can lose heart and peace of mind. But when we remember heaven, and we remind ourselves of the above truths we can BE STILL and KNOW that God is still on His throne working ALL things for our good and His Glory. He is still on His throne working out His perfect plan, we can remain calm even in the midst of chaos.
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face.
And the things of this earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.”
In All of Christ Love,