During the holiday season some people find themselves EXTRA lonely. Some families have sons and/or daughters serving in the military that can not make it home for Christmas, others may have too far of a distance to travel, health and financial reasons can also keep one from being able to spend the holiday season with family. Whatever the reason may be, loneliness has it’s way of creeping in the depths of our hearts and take over our entire being. It’s during these times we need to combat our emotional feelings by what we know, and what we know to be true are God’s promises. Because He is Faithful in ALL circumstances.
Here are 9 Promises from God to comfort you in the midst of Loneliness!
- I (God) am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you. Genesis 28:15 NLT
- I (God) will NEVER leave you Nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NKJV
- I see the The Lord is ALWAYS with me I will NOT be shaken, for He is right beside me. Acts 2:25 NLT
- If I go up to the heavens you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of dawn, If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139:8-10
- You shall call, and The Lord will answer; you shall cry and He will say, “ Here I am.” Isaiah 58:9
- I (Jesus) will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will NEVER leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. He lives with you now and later will be in you. John 14: 16-17
- The Lord will not forsake you. Deuteronomy 4:31 NKJV
- I will NOT abandon you as orphans – I will come to you. John 14:18 NLT
- The Lord will NOT forsake His people, for His great names sake, because it has pleased The Lord to make you His people. 1 Samuel 12:22
If this post finds you in a lonely season of life behold your God! He is there seeing you through. He is with you, and you will NOT be shaken! He never leaves you nor forsakes you! He is guiding you along the path of life. But, first, are you listening? Are you listening for His voice? It’s during these lonely times God wants you to sit with Him, to be only with Him! Sit and enjoy His company, because He promises that He is with you. Talk to Him! He’s great company I promise!
One more thing…… Trust Him. He knows what He is doing!