What a privilege it is to pray fervently for our husbands. We as their wives are called by God to be their helpers in so many ways, however there is NOTHING more important then praying for them. Apart from God we can do nothing, so the best way to help our men is to pray first for ourselves; to be the wives God has created for us to be, and secondly, to pray over our husbands God has gifted us with. Our husbands are a gift from God and they have been given to us for a reason, and we as wives hold a grand responsibility in upholding the call of being their helpers. Their prayer warriors!
Here are seven verses from Colossians I have been praying over my husband for about a year now.
- Prayed for God to build in my husband a STRONG faith in HIM and that he would have a deep love for all the saints. Colossians 1:4
- I Ask God to help my husband bear fruit daily in the work he does and that his knowledge of God would increase throughout his day. Colossians 1:10
- Seeking God to make my husbands faith strong, stable and fixed on the truth of the gospel. Colossians 1:23
- That my husband would be FIRMLY established in Christ, with a heart of gratitude. Colossians 2:7
- Prayed that God would quicken my husbands spirit to turn away from ALL immorality, passion, greed, and idolatry. Colossians 3:5
- Sought God to give my husband His wisdom and allow him to make the MOST of EVERY opportunity to share the gospel with those he comes in contact with. Colossians 4:5
- I ask God to fill my husband with all the words he speaks with grace, so that he will edify the people in his life. Colossians 4:6
The best thing about praying over our husbands is standing back and physically seeing God do a work in his life. Seeing with our very eyes our prayers being answered. When we pray for him not only is God going to do a work within him, but he is going to do a work within our own hearts as we bring ourselves under submission to the Father.
I want to encourage you to start praying for your husbands each and every morning, when you make your bed and you get to his side, pray for him, when sorting out his laundry pray for him, when picking up his stuff around the house pray for him. Our husbands come across so many temptations, confrontations, conversations, and its in those very moments they don’t need us to intervene but they need God’s devine intervention. Use these seven verses if you need somewhere to start.
Beware when you start praying God starts moving. Prayer is the work!
For His Glory,