While life in itself sometimes brings us to our knees in confusion. We find ourselves asking why this, or why that, happens…… and why us? How is it we don’t understand the reasoning behind certain circumstances that overcome our thoughts and hearts? Let’s face it, we as women are always, ALWAYS trying to put the pieces together to figure everything out. We are naturally fixers. Unfortunately, there are some things we just can’t fix, and certainly there are some things that are just not meant to be fixed. So we find ourselves pondering the question WHY??? Over and OVer and OVEr and OVER……. Well, you get the point……. We continually find ourselves in the same exact spot asking WHY and getting absolutely nowhere, rather finding ourselves more confused and more frustrated.
Maybe if maybe, we could stop asking the question why, and instead step back and ask ourselves what can we learn from this? I believe when we ask ourselves, ” What can I learn,” we gain a sense of release, rather than always trying to DO SOMETHING to fix or figure out our problems. When we allow the thought process of the question, “why” bog us down, we will never grasp ahold of what it truly is we are suppose to gain in wisdom and knowledge. The continual mindset of asking why will wipe out every bone of thankfulness in our bodies. When unthankfulness happens, roots of bitterness creep into the soil of our hearts and plant themselves right smack dab in the middle of our ever loving being. Resulting in our joy being sucked out continuously until we are dry— BONE DRY! (Our Music Stops Playing)
Naturally, I am a fighter when it comes to hard circumstances, I will tough it out for as long as I can. Until God finds a way to whisper in my ear, “ARE YOU DONE? CAN I TAKE OVER NOW?” When God catches my attention a moment of surrenderance usually follows and lifts a thousand pounds off my shoulders. “Yes, Lord,” I reply. Its the moment of my surrenderence that an overflowing peace washes over my body and calms my wayward heart. Freedom takes the reigns of my emotions and thoughts, as I hand them over to a God who can clearly do more than I ever could do in the first place.
Some circumstances are not meant for us to understand, and some of us will never know the answer to our why. What I do know, is we have an open opportunity to learn from our circumstances. An open invitation to allow God to make us more like Him! Remember what Jesus said to His disciples in John 16:12? ” I have many more things to say to you but you cannot bear them now.” Could it be the very thing we are trying to figure out and understand is God’s way of protecting us, because He is aware we can not bear the reasoning? Remember, some things are not just about us. This particular difficulty could be happening for something greater, in which we may never see come to light until eternity. If you find yourself in a difficult situation today I want to encourage you to grab a piece of paper and a pen.
Write down EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LEARNED from the circumstances encompassing your heart.
Here are some (not all) of the things I have learned during a tough season in my life. These were not easy lessons for me to learn, (humbling in fact). I have found myself to be thankful for the season instead of dreadful. I’m thankful for the refining process of life even though it hurts, hurts A LOT!
- I have learned that no matter how CHRISTIAN I am, I am human- and still need a lot of work.
- I have learned that God is always with me, even when it does not seem like it.
- I have learned that I do not know everything, to stay teachable. When I do God will blow my mind.
- I have learned to let go of MY dreams and desires and conform them to Gods will for my life.
- I have learned that people come and go, but God is my firm foundation.
- I have learned that God wants nothing more than my heart.
- I have learned the Christian Life is nothing more than being found and firmly rooted in Christ. Everything else is secondary.
- I have learned that its okay people don’t like me, because God does, and thats all that matters.
- I have learned that it is okay for God to say, “NO!” Because He’s God, and HE knows whats best for me.
- I have learned not to find my identity in any titles, however, to see myself through the eyes of my Father.
- I have learned that no matter how hard I fight, God ALWAYS ALWAYS wins.
- I have learned circumstances in my life are not always meant for me to understand. They’re for something greater than myself.
- I have learned the BIG roots that I thought I once had were actually really really small.
- I have learned to stand up for the important things.
- I have learned sitting with Jesus is more fulfilling than working for Jesus.
- I have learned my purpose in Life is to KNOW GOD. That’s it!
When we Write down the things we have learned, it allows us to see more clearly what God was/is working on within our hearts. He shows us things about ourselves that we ourselves are not even aware of. What we learn will bring clarity to our muddy view of our circumstances. However, we MUST be willing to learn and stay teachable during the process.
Is it possible God allows tough unexplainable circumstances to enter our lives to get our attention? To bring us closer to Him, or unto Himself? You maybe thinking, “Well that’s a cruel way of loving us.” Wouldn’t it be cruel and unfair of Him not to want our attention at all? To allow us to continue down a path that has absolutely nothing to do with Him? The path that leads to death and unrighteousness? Take it from me it is soooo MUCH easier to let go and let God. Quit putting up a fight and surrender. It’s not our job to fix things, it’s Gods Job and His timing.
Take a moment. Ask yourself why are you here on earth? Why do you wake up every morning? Why do you have breath today? What is the purpose of this LIFE???
If you answer anything other than to Know God, you’re greatly missing the point of life itself. If we don’t have the right answer to this question, then we certainly will not be able to answer the tough questions that come our way.
When we take a step back and reflect on the journey of our lives, it’s then we are able to see God’s hand of protection He has had over us this entire time. Yes, even during the hard times.
While life on this side of eternity is hard, lets band together, love one another, pray,(seriously pray) for eachother, encourage, and uplift the people around us. Each of us has a story that is still being written one page at a time, by the author of life Himself, GOD.